02 July 2017

Crochet - Stormy Summer Afternoon Lapghan



I admit that I'm a bit of a cheapskate.  Part of it, I think comes from my perfectionism when it comes to my creations.  If its not really doing what I want it to do or look, then what's the point in paying all kinds of money for something I'm going to make it over in my own way anyway?  Now, this is not to say that I haven't bought patterns before, or that I discourage people from supporting the super creative people we find all around us.  I just like it the way I like it.  And it may not be the way the pattern calls for.  But I am more than happy to throw out kudos to where kudos are due for those amazingly smart and innovative folks who not only make beautiful pieces but have the wherewithal to actually write their patterns down.  In an understandable way.  Unlike me who makes stuff, says "I'm so awesome." and then can't remember how I got it to look so awesome.

So I present to you my lapghan project "Stormy Summer Afternoon".  I found a fun and easy pattern written by Heather Davidson from the UK.  I love how much the stripe and texture make a nice visual impact but its so easy a beginner shouldn't have a problem tackling this!

The List of Stuff:

Pattern:  http://patternsforcrochet.co.uk/lapghan-usa.html

Yarn Colors:  All yarn was Caron's Simply Soft
                       - Off White
                       - Light Country Blue
                       - Country Blue
                       - Grey Heather
                       - Charcoal Heather

Hook Size: I or 5.50mm

I don't list how many skeins you're going to need because this pattern is so versatile that you can make it as big or small as you want.

So far, I estimate I'm about halfway through the project.  Watch me on Twitch on Sundays for my Creative Day as I work on this project!  And I always need motivation to finish my projects!  Hang out, ask questions, talk about geekery and fun times will be had by all!  And don't forget to Follow!

~ Scrappywheelz ~

BTW:  Here is Heather's blog link - http://crochetncreate.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment