29 October 2017

GirlStreamer's Stream Team

I found out recently that a group I belong to has asked me to be on their stream team.  GirlStreamers is a group of women supporting each other in our shared passion of streaming live gameplay, creative arts, or whatever on Twitch, YouTube and other internet platforms.

When you first start streaming, there is a learning curve.  And it may not necessarily something you could figure out on your own.  So unless you know a person who has been streaming for a while, there's not really any place you can goo.  One of the great things about humans is we like community, even if its for the sense that you're not alone.  Fortunately, Twitch's whole bread and butter is community.  Not just game or interest communities, but also streamer communities.  So it was that when I first started streaming I was looking for somewhere to bounce ideas off of more knowledgeable people but also find other people that liked some of the same things I liked.  I had tried applying to one group who I only heard back from after I had been with my current group for a month.  Tried to tell me that my stream wasn't good enough in their opinion.  //shrug//  Lucky for me they did, because then I probably wouldn't have found GirlStreamers.

GirlStreamer's whole philosophy was inclusion in what ever form that means.  It doesn't matter if you've been streaming 5 minutes or 5 years, doesn't matter what game you play or if you don't play in favor of showing your creative side, doesn't matter if you're biologically female or just identify as such -- all are welcome.  So when I joined and got that first few 'welcomes' from ladies in the Discord chat of the group, I knew I had made the right decision.   I have been displaying proudly the Flower of Life on my Twitch overlays ever since.

Within the hierarchy of the group, there were a few tiers.  And one of the topmost was the "Stream Team".  Its something I had been working towards for the last few months.  I view it giving back to the group that has helped me through so much.  So what does that mean?  It means I'm locked into their servitude FOREVER!!  No, not really.  Here's the 411 --

How will this affect your current streaming schedule?
       *  Not at all.  In fact, I purposely chose a time where my schedule would be uninterrupted.  Same Bat Day, same Bat Time - Sunday's from 8pm MST to 10pm MST.

If you're on the GirlStreamer's Stream Team, what are you going to be streaming?
        *  The same thing I always do on Sunday  nights - Star Wars!

So if everything is the same, then why bother?
        *  Well, its not all the same.  You'll notice that my overlay will be different, representing the GirlStreamer's group.  And at some point, I will either play a commercial or send a shout out to one of GirlStreamer's sponsors.  

And its worth the bother -- not only because the way I will connect with my audience, streaming from GirlStreamer's Twitch channel, will plop me right in front of their audience, which is a lot bigger than mine.  Having that much exposure can at worst produce nothing at all and was the same before I started, or at best, it could be fantastic for my stream, bringing in new folks to my channel.

Let me give you a list of relevant links that relate to GirlStreamers and my streaming taking place tonight. --

Their Website & Twitter -- www.girlstreamers.com    @girlstreamers

Twitch Stream -- www.twitch.tv/girlstreamers_   (this is the addresss you want to use Sunday night!)

Some of our sponsors:  E-win Racing Gaming Chairs
                                      GLOMTOM - Gaming Accessories
                                      LootCrate - Gamer Subscription Box
                                      Simple Jerky
                                      Punks Paracord

Just ask me about the discount codes were offer as part of their sponsored stable!

I'm very excited for tonight and hope to see a bunch of you there.  Cause who better to screw stuff up in front of then your devoteds? LOL


~~~  Scrappywheelz  ~~~





No comments:

Post a Comment