02 August 2017

New crochet project for August

I've had a project in mind for a couple of  years.  One of my favorite kid shows is the updated version of My Little Pony.  I also happened to love the alternate universe version of My Little Pony when they all became human-ish.  It gave me an idea for a project of a set of amigurumi dolls.  I managed to finish one of them, but did not like how her dress turned out.  And then I did heed the siren call of other projects and the MLP idea was shelved for a future date.  I've decided that dollmaking is much more fun than afghan making so I will go ahead and start up the project again.



This is Twilight Sparkle.  I love how her hair turned out, especially when they are in the ponytails.  But the dress did not fit like I wanted it to so I will have to redo not only the dress the embroidery I did on the fabric.

After Twilight Sparkle, the rest of the set will include Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy and Applejack.

And speaking of doll making, a long time ago I came across a charity that I have been meaning to help out but never got around to apply.  I am hoping that by September I will have been accpeted and given a doll to make.



Feel Better Friends is an organization that provides kids who are sick with handmade dolls made to look like them, as something to hold and love while they are going through sometimes painful and scary treatments.

Once I get approved, the rest of Creative Sundays will be dedicated to making the doll for the child I've been assigned.  As a kid who has known their fair share of hospital time, one of these dolls would have been such a nice thing to have.

I encourage everyone to either consider making a doll for this organzation or donating to help them keep this small thing that means big things going.  I'll keep everyone updated as to the status of my application.

~~~ Scrappywheelz ~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment